If you are living in or just visiting Parkland County this summer, here are a few things to consider checking out to get the full experience!
- Clifford E. Lee Nature Sanctuary – Check out the amazing view and wildlife on a nice stroll through the sanctuary. There is a boardwalk, walking trails and great picnic area.
- Putting Horse Ranch – Head out for a round of golf and/or a guided horseback ride. This is a great way to get your children introduced to horses! https://www.puttinghorseranch.com/
- Get Hooked Fishing Adventures – This year-round guided fishing tour has been around since 1994 and they will be able to show you the ropes! https://www.gethookedfishing.com/
- University of Alberta Botanic Gardens – Explore the many themed gardens, tropical showhouse that has many species of butterflies and the outdoor café! https://botanicgarden.ualberta.ca/
- Aspengrove Country Market – The market runs Saturday’s from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. & Sunday’s from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Aspen Grove Nurseries. aspengrovenurseries.com
- Do some shopping! https://www.parklandcounty.com/en/explore-parkland-county/Shopping-and-Stores.aspx
- Chickakoo Lake Recreation Area – Enjoy 11 kms of trails used for walking, mountain bike riding and horseback riding. With over 480 acres of woodland Chickakoo is also home to so many different species of wildlife!
- Trestle Creek Golf Resort – stay a while, while you catch a few rounds of golf! trestlecreek.ca
If you are looking for more activities to do this summer check out https://www.parklandcounty.com/en/explore-parkland-county/Explore-Parkland-County.aspx
*All information gathered from https://www.parklandcounty.com/en/explore-parkland-county/Explore-Parkland-County.aspx *