Is your home feeling a little overcrowded? If so, there are many relatively low-cost ways to free up more space. Here are some ideas:
- Change traditional into non-traditional space. We’re all familiar with converting a spare bedroom into a home office or kids’ playroom. You can also make space by finding other uses for pantries and walk-in closets.
- Explore smart storage solutions.There are many products on the market that transform how you store things. For example, there are closet organizers available that double storage capacity. Check out the options at your local home improvement store.
- Get rid of extra furnishings.Is there a chair no one ever uses? Is there a side table that takes up a lot of space, with nothing but a few knick-knacks on it? Consider selling these items to free up some space.
- Think high. Install storage shelves, hangers or baskets high up in the kitchen and laundry room. Use that storage for items you only access occasionally.
- Consider storage rental. If you have furnishings and other items that you don’t want to get rid of, consider renting a storage unit. There may be economical options in your area.
With a little creative thinking, you’ll be surprised by how much space you can make within your existing rooms.
For more tips and tricks give Deanalee a call at (780) 718-1052!